Gambling addiction is a more severe problem than one can imagine. According to a survey, more than 2.7% of civilians in the United Kingdom, particularly 1.4 million, are problem gamblers. Addictive gambling is a worldwide issue and must be taken seriously by the government and its citizens.
On the other hand, gaming is an exciting way to release stress hormones and have fun in virtual reality. Both gambling and gaming have similar cons, unhealthy addiction; similarly, both can be entertaining.
However, you can use video games as an effective way to keep yourself away from gambling as many new updated video games offer casino themes similar to one’s that casinos not on GamStop have. If you are really interested in it, you can check out this UK casino not on GamStop and find out the most popular themes and games presented there. It is excellent for players who like those sites and to find video games with similar designs where they can spend their spare time without gambling.
Why Video Gaming Is A Good Alternative For Gambling?
Video games can be the best alternative for gambling as you can enjoy them without any potential threat to your financial level and mental health. There are more alternatives to gambling, such as finding a new hobby, taking care of something or a pet, but these methods may cost you some money while video games may cost you no pound.
A vast number of video games in different genres and categories are on the Internet. You can download your favoured video game from any site free of cost on any device or PC. You can also play video games online and chat with your friends worldwide when you get bored, feel lonely or get a sudden urge to gamble.
Gaming is good, but you should play for a limited time a day and take care of other things. Many games come with a unique theme that will get your attention and help keep you distracted from gambling. Many life-stimulating games and RPGs offer a casino theme to increase problem gamblers’ interest in playing video games.
Things Addictive Gamblers Should Avoid In Video Gaming
Some problem gamblers start playing video games as an escape from their addiction, but in the end, they get a new habit due to a lack of proper caution while playing. You should remember that responsible gaming in video games is as important as in online gambling and players should consider tools for safe gaming if they have even a fleeting thought about gaming-related issues. As a potent gambling addict, you should avoid any gambling-related stuff in video games also, avoid these things too:
- Don’t spend your fortune on any items in the game. Have fun playing video games but don’t spend any money on it. You may lose the balance of your financial status, which will become a grave problem for you and your family. Say “No” to attractive deals you may get from an illegal website in exchange for rare items of the game you were playing.
- Don’t play video games that contain loot boxes. According to problem gamblers, the loot boxes in the games feel similar to gambling as they both depend on total luck. The loot boxes contain different items from no worth to extreme worthfulness; players want to take their hand on the most precious item, similar to winning in gambling.
- Take your time from the game. When playing games, make sure you play for a fixed time by creating boundaries in your schedule. It would help if you also spent some time with your family and friends rather than playing games.
How To Fix Gambling Issues?
- Get therapy for gambling addiction. Talking about gambling problems with someone who advises and helps you get out of this unpleasant situation. You can also seek professionals’ advice that will help overcome your addiction. There are many gamblers’ help centres in the UK that provide these services for free.
- Start learning a new language. Learning a new language is an excellent exercise for your brain; it helps you stay focused and keeps you away from gambling. Learning a new language at the beginning can be challenging work, but you will acquire new skills after learning it. This skill may help you in your career and maintain good friendships with players from different countries that you meet online while Gaming.
- Engage with a hobby. It would be best if you got a new hobby or relight an old pursuit of the past. New hobbies you can choose among juggling balls, gardening, playing chess, and swimming. Start only one of them to keep you far away from gambling.
- Start meditation and exercise. You can also start practising muscle relaxation exercises, yoga, and sports that you may like. Meditating helps you focus on your mind and heal your body from the ill effects of gambling.
- Take steps in Self-exclusion. If you still get the urge to gamble, you can volunteer in the self-exclusion provided by the gambles’ help centre for free. It will stop you from going to gambling venues by giving the venue authority power to remove or exclude you from there.
You can overcome gambling addiction through video gaming. To be on track and know the latest releases you can read game news, watch streams or videos. However, you need to be careful not to get in the loop of cross-addiction. You may get addicted to video games as well as gambling. So, it is advised to play video games with a strict schedule to avoid video game addiction.