• 110g of softened butter
• 110g of caster sugar
• 2 large free-range eggs
• 110g of self-raising flour
• 2 tbsp of milk
• 1 tsp of vanilla extract
~ buttercream ~
• 150g of softened butter
• 300g of icing sugar
• A few drops of red and green food coloring
• Red, green, yellow, white, and black fondant icing
• Edible eyes
• Preheat your oven to 190 degrees and line a cupcake tray with 9 cases.
• In a large bowl, add your cake’s caster sugar and butter and mix until well combined and creamy.
• Next, add your eggs, vanilla extract, and milk. Mix everything until well combined.
• Finally, sieve your flour and add it to the mixture slowly to ensure no clumps are formed.
• Distribute the batter equally into your cupcake cases and pop them in the oven for 15 minutes. When ready, carefully use a knife to check to see if your cupcakes are done by sliding it into the center of one. If the knife comes out wet, bake them for another 5 minutes. Once cooked, put your cupcakes in the fridge to cool.
• Whilst your cupcakes are cooling, create your buttercream by combining the butter and icing sugar. The longer you mix them together, the fluffier the cream will be, so you can mix until you’re happy. Next, add in a food coloring of your choice.
• For the decorations, roll out your colored fondant. Using the image above for reference, carefully cut out the shapes you need and then top your cupcakes to complete your mushrooms. They won’t make you supper-size, but they taste fantastic!
Do you remember any video game foods that made your stomach rumble? Is there a gamer in your family who deserves a special treat? A classic form of entertainment, video games are extremely popular. If you love gaming you are in luck. Ebuyer has recreated some of the most famous foods from gaming with chef Ashley Morton.
From Kenny’s Salmon in Final Fantasy to Taco Casserole in The Sims, here are some of the recipes! My boyfriend loves video games and I think these cupcakes are just adorable! I just might attempt to make them. Check out these five video gaming recipes you can easily recreate below.
Alexis Zarycki is your average girl with the hopes of leaving an everlasting impact on the world. Follow her on Instagram @official_lexpaige