Apple and Samsung phones depreciate the least after one year – comments – GSMArena.com

?

• Anonymous
  • XFL
  • 13 minutes ago

This chart just proves that if you want to buy a used phone, avoid getting Samsung or apple

3503769

The Flip, 1 hour agoIf Sony was listed here, they might actually rank 2nd. But their market share is so small bein… moreRemember buying Samsung for price/performance ratio. Now it’s the likes of Xiaomi, Vivo,…
If you get the so many features that you won’t even use them all, but are worthy years after, it helps the price. When you got a futuristic feature too.
There are some though that you can get for fraction of their value almost from the start, be it for giving rare features like IR cameras, for all manual control of camera,

F22825

This cant be true in India.

3503769

It’s like what features you get after years. Like Apple got apps, Sony got rarity(the more rare – the more pricy lol).

T2325766

If Sony was listed here, they might actually rank 2nd. But their market share is so small being so niche in the mobile industry and they don’t have the aftermarket support like Apple and Samsung do.

I now find Samsung superior to Sony and I hated Samsung for many years. Samsung was a joke to people in the 90s. I grew up on Sony being an 80s child and 90s teen. They’re my favorite tech company thanks to loving PlayStation for over 25 years. But Samsung has reached a level that even Sony never reached.

Samsung makes everything. And they’re the only ones really innovating in mobile with their foldable display technology. Their customer service is stellar. Very quick and easy to return stuff and get the battery replaced. They also offer a lot of cool extras if you pre-order.

S

• Shiny Dave
  • mpm
  • 1 hour ago

jason, 3 hours agousing an online recycling company like musicmagpie or CEX or other companies, you would have t… moreCeX even literally show the gap between buying and selling value outside their stores. It’s predictably massive.

I genuinely don’t even remember seeing anything but Apple and Samsung used sales until quite recently here. And that was before Samsung levelled up on updates.

Main reason I go Samsung here in the UK nowadays is the fear that our government (or the US one) might interfere with Chinese phones at any time. I know Samsung will be safe, so any price penalty is worth paying for reassurance. And with carrier deals here there often isn’t one anyway.

Z

-Trix-, 2 hours ago” What is the point of all that iPhone updates and longevity then, if you just change after co… moreAnd yet the same is the case with MacBooks even though Windows laptops technically get supported for a longer time.

Software updates are not the reason why Apple products hold down their prices better. The main reason, I believe, is marketing and exclusivity.

502130

Anonymous, 1 hour ago“I wanted better camera”

Oh I see. Should’ve got the MI 11 Ultra then… moreI don’t want Android. It’s not for me, i have Samsung Android as my workphone and i’m not feeling it, i just like iOS so much more. Also that Xiaomi phone is just way too big for my taste, you see i have 13 Pro not 13 Pro Max 😉

?

-Trix-, 2 hours ago” Why did you upgrade from a 11 pro to a 13 pro if your 11pro was still supported.”

I wante… more“I wanted better camera”

Oh I see. Should’ve got the MI 11 Ultra then. OS updates should not be an issue either, given you upgrade after 2 years

502130

AnonF-1009694, 2 hours agoWhy did you upgrade from a 11 pro to a 13 pro if your 11pro was still supported. Why brag abou… more” Why did you upgrade from a 11 pro to a 13 pro if your 11pro was still supported.”

I wanted better camera

”Why brag about 6 years of os updates if your gonna make upgrades like that. Just asking BTW”

i’m still rocking 2017 iPad Pro and it can have newest iOS15, quite impressive. Reason why i still haven’t upgraded my iPad Pro.

122001176

Anonymous, 5 hours ago“Apple devices seem to lose 41% of their value in the first 12 months ”
WOW
Just w… more
Man worst decision not best buying apple.
Nothing against apple but android is user friendly and without bloatware like Itunes is compatible with litterary everything.
No apple can say that.

502130

L.O.R.D, 2 hours agoiPhone buyers brag about receiving years of software and security and how the Apple chips can … more” What is the point of all that iPhone updates and longevity then, if you just change after couple of years ?”

You know one reason for why iPhone resell price is so high is that phone still get updates for years? It’s quite easy to sell phone which will get updates for many years, unlike trying to sell phone which is already out of updates.

”Not a bad thing but your statements about the iPhone longevity would only be meaningful if you actually keep your phone for that long as you proudly say Apple supports”

I’m still rocking my 2017 iPad Pro.

Also i don’t see why i would be good example or any of us, because we all aren’t average phone buyers we who upgrade phones 1-2 years are in small minority. Average phone buyers keep their phones 3-4 years.

?

• Anonymous
  • gJt
  • 2 hours ago

DrakeX, 6 hours agoWhere are Xiaomi phones? They actually depreciate the least especially the midrangers due to l… moreThey are worth zero after the first week of ownership.no-one wants ad ridden unreliable phones.

B62

Don’t know how true is this report. I have seen iPhones holding a better resale value even after a period of 3-4 years.

T2325766

I’ve sold several different electronic devices for over a decade. From my experience from buying and selling stuff, the devices that depreciates slower than smartphones are video game consoles/handhelds.

Switch Lite came out 2 years ago. They still go for $150 used. That’s only $50 less than retail. Nintendo first-party games also depreciates the slowest compared to Sony games. It’s Nintendo wanting to maintain their quality.

I got an iPhone 12 mini in April. By August, the trade-in value for it to get a Fold 3 or Flip 3 was worth only $300. That’s a loss of $429 from retail. I think collecting other things like basketball cards or rare games have way more value than buying phones like Jay Williams and Nick Ackerman do.

We got people praising the HTC One M7 when they sell for $20 on OfferUp. I once saw it for $5 but didn’t bother since it was too far. If you enjoy losing money, keep buying phones every year and keep selling or trading them in at a loss.

d878238

Anonymous, 7 hours agoGoogle has 1 year longer security updates than Samsung, yet it is lower.This study was in the UK. Used Pixel prices definitely haven’t dropped that hard in the states. A Pixel 4a has only lost about 30% value.

587361

-Trix-, 3 hours ago” What this chart is really showing is buying phones every year or two is a waste of money.”
… more
iPhone buyers brag about receiving years of software and security and how the Apple chips can perform till long time and all etc, and yet (or atleast you) upgrade from an older iPhone just after two years. What is the point of all that iPhone updates and longevity then, if you just change after couple of years ? Many Android phone have two update but people upgrade after that towards newer models. So in that regard you are just like them. Not a bad thing but your statements about the iPhone longevity would only be meaningful if you actually keep your phone for that long as you proudly say Apple supports

d878238

Anonymous, 7 hours agoIt’s almost as if actively supporting devices for long time keeps their value up longer….. moreWho could have guessed?

F

• AnonF-1009694
  • iV%
  • 2 hours ago

… more
Why did you upgrade from a 11 pro to a 13 pro if your 11pro was still supported. Why brag about 6 years of os updates if your gonna make upgrades like that. Just asking BTW

?

• Anonymous
  • mtq
  • 2 hours ago

oh lmao Samsung’s depreciation rate is much closer to that of Huawei’s than that of Apple’s

no surprise there, it’s just another android phone after all

Source: https://www.gsmarena.com/newscomm-51648.php