Since stepping down from his post at the Food and Drug Administration last year, Anand Shah has gone from toiling on the country’s Covid-19 response to updating his LinkedIn with a flurry of new advisory roles at promising startups.
On Wednesday, Shah, who was previously deputy commissioner for medical and scientific affairs, added another job to his profile. He will become the newest member of the board of mental health app developer Big Health, which last week announced it had raised $75 million in new funding led by Japanese mega-investor SoftBank. It’s the fourth board position Shah has taken on in recent months.
What is it?
- Daily reporting and analysis
- The most comprehensive industry coverage from a powerhouse team of reporters
- Subscriber-only newsletters
- Daily newsletters to brief you on the most important industry news of the day
- STAT+ Conversations
- Weekly opportunities to engage with our reporters and leading industry experts in live video conversations
- Exclusive industry events
- Premium access to subscriber-only networking events around the country
- The best reporters in the industry
- The most trusted and well-connected newsroom in the health care industry
- And much more
- Exclusive interviews with industry leaders, profiles, and premium tools, like our CRISPR Trackr.